Saturday, April 29, 2017

Smile Note Cards

Sometimes the most wonderful color and pattern combinations happen by pure accident. I was going through my collection of papers from Canvas Corp and while doing so found these three papers stacked on top of each other.


Wow -- I would never have thought to put these three papers together in a project, but something clicked and the result is a set of four little note cards.


This was actually a fairly easy project and I started by assembling all my materials and tools.


Materials:
Canvas Corp: Grunge Check Ivory and Green
Canvas Corp: Grey and Ivory Mini Dot Reverse
Canvas Corp: Black and Ivory Plaid
Black Ink (Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot)
Tombo Mono Permanent Adhesive

Tools:
Paper Cutter
Butterfly Punch (Fiskars)
Oval Punch (Fiskars)
Rubber stamp


I began by cutting out the base of each card using the Grunge Check Ivory and Green paper. The size is 3-3/4" x 5-1/2" (when folded measures 3-3/4" x 2-3/4"). The next step was to cut a 3" x 2" top panel from the Grey and Ivory Mini Dot Reverse paper

I stamped the "Smile" message on the back of a piece of the Grey and Ivory dot paper and then punched it out with my oval punch. I used my butterfly punch to punch out the figure from the Black and Ivory Plaid paper.

I easily assembled everything using my Tombo Mono Permanent Adhesive, which is my preferred adhesive.

I am so pleased with the way these note cards turned out. The color is very spring-like and they'd be a great way to say hello and make someone smile! They are now available in my Etsy shop, Pretty Byrd Designs.

Thanks for stopping by!

Beth






No comments:

Post a Comment