Monday, March 28, 2016

Vintage Owls - Woodland Dream Cards

We've made it to the end of March and I am looking ahead to lovely spring days and spending time outdoors! When I saw Deena's (from Ewe-N-Me Printables) Hang Tags - Vintage Owls I thought of a woodland forest and the beauty of nature. These images are truly striking!

Hang Tags - Vintage Owls

While the colors remind me more of autumn than spring, I couldn't resist using them to make a few any occasion greeting cards. There are three different images and you will get three larger images and six smaller ones on an 8.5 x 11 page. I used the larger size for my cards.


I started with a brown card which I then layered with a panel of ivory textured paper. I stapled a strip of brown burlap to each card and then glued the owl image to each. The images really stand out against the ivory and brown background.


For a bit of decoration I added a paper square stamped with inspirational words in brown ink. I then adorned each card with a vintage style embellishment. 


I had so much fun making these cards and just love those owls! 

For more inspiration, be sure to visit Ewe-N-Me Printables and check out all of the great hang tags available for your crafting projects.

Thanks for visiting today!

Beth

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful cards! We love owls and anything vintage ;o) Thanks for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Hope to see you next week! Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete