Monday, May 25, 2015

Vintage Advertising Cards

Happy Monday and Happy Memorial Day everyone!

I've always been drawn toward vintage photos and newsprint and today I'm featuring cards I created using Deena's (from Ewe-N-Me Printables) Collage Sheet - Vintage Advertising 101.


Each page offers six different images in two sizes -- for a total of 12 images. I couldn't resist them!



I like to keep things simple so after printing out the sheet I cut out two of the smaller images and glued them each to a tag that was distress painted. I inked the edges of the image and the tag to give them a rustic look.


I used a kraft card as the base to keep the color palette neutral. I cut out a piece of yellow burlap and stapled that to the top and bottom of the card (stapling is so quick and unmessy!!). Burlap is fun to work with and it adds a lot of interest and texture to any project.


For the finishing touch, I added metallic embellishments -- a round tag and a hanger. They kept with the rustic and vintage look of the cards and also added some fun! These cards were super easy and super quick to make.

I hope you enjoyed today's feature! For more collage sheets, visit the Ewe-N-Me Printables website here.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Beth

2 comments:

  1. Love your cards! Deena has the best printables :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Deena's printables, too!

      Delete