Monday, January 29, 2018

Mellow Time

The latest challenge at Canvas Corp Brands is "Lace and Lazy" ... and really could anything be more sublime. What a lovely way to start off this new year!

My entry is a 4x4 canvas that was truly a pleasure to create:


I started with the 4x4 Stretched Natural Canvas and painted it with a pale pink acrylic. When that was dry, I used an ivory acrylic paint with one of my decorative stencils. Since I knew I'd be working with lace, I wanted to keep the background light.


Once the paint was dry, I wrapped a piece of lace from the 7gypsies Trimmings Assorted Pack across the front of the canvas and stapled it in the back. I made a tag from the Canvas Corp Tan & Ivory French Script Paper, adorned it with two little buttons and a piece of pale pink seam binding. 


For the finishing touch I added the words "mellow time" which I cut out from the 7gypsies Gypsy Moments Express Yourself Paper. Below that I added a vintage-style button that matches the smaller buttons on the tag.

This challenge was truly enjoyable as I love the lace and vintage theme I was able to incorporate here. Be sure to visit the Canvas Corp Brand blog to see the amazing entries for this challenge here.

Thanks for stopping by.







17 comments:

  1. Very sweet, thank you for playing along with Canvas Corp Brands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Thanks for entering the CCB January challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of a 4x4 Canvas. Thanks for playing along in the January challenge at Canvas Corp Brands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so soft and pretty-thanks for joining in at CCB this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of this -- really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Pretty and delicate. Thanks for joining us at CCB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and romantic piece. Thanks for joining us at Canvas Corp Brands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and soft colors! Thanks for playing along with the Canvas Corp Brand Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful canvas, soft colors! Thanks for joining us at CCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome project with amazing detail! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Canvas Corp Brands January challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, CCB Creative Crew
    Love To Scrap 2
    Love To Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All in the details I say so love love, thanks for playing along with us in the Canvas Corp Brands Monthly Challenge!
    Peggy Lee, CCB Creative Crew

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful small tenderness! Thanks from Canvas Corp Brands!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sensitive! Thanks playing along with us in the Canvas Corp Brands Monthly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work. Thanks for joining us at Canvas Corp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely design. Thanks for joining the CCB challenge. Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your layering and the subtle colors! Thank you for joining the Canvas Corp Brand challenge this month! Lynda CCB Crew

    ReplyDelete