Monday, February 23, 2015

Inspirational Mini Journals

Happy Monday all!

Winter has been especially tough this year -- at least where I live -- up here in northern Ohio. Spring is officially less than one month away, but it's difficult to imagine with all this cold and snow! So, I'm thinking inspiration. I could use some and maybe you could, too!

Bottle Cap Images - Typewriter Keys - Tan

I used the Bottlecap Image Inserts - Typewriter Keys from Ewe-N-Me Printables to create a couple of inspirational mini-journals! This downloadable is just great because you will get a full alphabet along with duplicates of common letters as well as punctuation marks.

I printed the sheet on white cardstock and then used my 1-1/4" circle punch for the letters I used for my mini journals.



I wanted to make the typewriter key letters really stand out, so I used a neutral background. It's a kraft paper with mini dots and it showcases the letters so well. I added a piece of burlap ribbon and decorative paper butterfly. Simple, yet striking!


I love embellishments, so at the last minute I added this navy blue mini clothespin. It looks cute but can also serve as a page marker!


For my second mini journal, I used the same background and changed it up a bit with the letters and color. I just love how the the red embellishments pop and make the letters stand out!!


Fly like butterflies, hearts of joy ... aren't these just the inspiration we need right now!!

Please be sure to visit Ewe-N-Me Printables for more wonderful bottlecap images!

So glad you stopped by today!

Beth

7 comments:

  1. I love these! I have an obsession with journals. These are so cute that I may have trouble getting myself to use them! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love everything about these journals. I also enjoy working with paper.
    Thanks for sharing! I have a link up party each week beginning Friday mornings at 9 am MST. I would love for you to drop by.
    Lory
    www.therobinsnestdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have a mini-journal in my purse, so I really like these. Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop! Please stop by to enter the very special giveaway on http://www.over50feeling40.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these journals! The embellishments are beautiful. Come join the Mix It Up Friday blog link up tomorrow morning at http://www.classyyettrendy.com

    Leanne,
    Classy Yet Trendy

    ReplyDelete