Monday, November 17, 2014

Gift Box with Vintage Sheet Music

Happy Monday!

The holiday season is not too far away so today I'm featuring a little gift box I created using vintage sheet music.


I started with a square kraft box (4" x 4" x 2") and distress painted it with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Crackle Paint. When that dried I painted the box with a layer of metallic acrylic paint.


After that dried, I adhered a copper edged burlap ribbon around the edge of the lid. I decoupaged vintage sheet music to the top of the lid and then adhered shabby chic flowers. I hand stamped "Peace" onto an ivory tag and attached that to the lid. Two gemstones add a finishing touch.



This box would be perfect to present a gift, or would make a lovely keepsake box on its own. In either case, I hope I gave you some ideas for the upcoming holiday season!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Beth










2 comments:

  1. So pretty! A few of these pretties will be perfect as jewelry gift boxes:) Love the embellishments on it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete