Saturday, December 30, 2017

Mixed Media Butterfly Cards

Hello!

We've been hit with a very chilly and biting cold snap and I thought it would be a great time to think of things that remind me of spring. Flowers and butterflies came to mind and so today I am featuring a pair of mixed media butterfly cards.


These cards have lots of layers and textures, but the soft colors keep them feeling light. I started with a basic white cardstock and layered it with a panel of 7gypsies Gypsy Moments paper that is part of the 8x8 paper pack. I then added two panels to the center of the card -- the first a piece of Canvas Corp. Blue and Ivory Ribbon Stripe paper and layered that with a piece of the Tattered Angels Mixed Media Origins Wings paper.

Before I layered the paper panels to the card, I tied a piece of raffia to a vintage-style metallic embellishment to add a decorative touch. 


To the upper corner of the card, I stapled a square of Canvas Corp. Natural Burlap that I cut out from the 12x12 sheet. To that I adhered two butterflies that I punched out from the Tattered Angels Mixed Media Origins Mermaid paper, to which I had previously spray-misted with the Tattered Angels Abominable Snowman Glimmer Mist

If you are not familiar with Mixed Media Origins paper, it has a wonderful fabric-like texture that is perfect for spray-misting, painting or coloring. Canvas Corp Brands has a lovely assortment of these papers which you can find here


To finish off my cards, I added an inspirational word to the bottom corner. I cut them out from a sheet of 7gypsies Gypsy Moments 8x8 paper pack.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired by these butterfly cards!

Beth



No comments:

Post a Comment